Starter Panel Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerbonic

I am looking for ideas regarding a starter panel.
The panel would be a purged nema 4x enclosure with multiple allen bradley soft starts.
Soft-starts are replacing regular startes in indivudual explosion proof enclosures, so each starter has its own breaker/disconnect somewhere in an MCC room.
My question is would you install indvidual disconnects for each starter locally in the starter panel?
I meet the requirements for locating the disconnect remotely in accordance with the NEC, but I am looking for ideas on how other people would handle this kind of starter panel.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am looking for ideas regarding a starter panel.
The panel would be a purged nema 4x enclosure with multiple allen bradley soft starts.
Soft-starts are replacing regular startes in indivudual explosion proof enclosures, so each starter has its own breaker/disconnect somewhere in an MCC room.
My question is would you install indvidual disconnects for each starter locally in the starter panel?
I meet the requirements for locating the disconnect remotely in accordance with the NEC, but I am looking for ideas on how other people would handle this kind of starter panel.

you might be able to rework the existing starter enclosures and install the soft starts in them.

why not just add a section to the MCC and put them there?

I would not add them in the purged cabinet. they are not real accessible there anyway so why add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.