how to have two source DC voltage from a photovoltaic system even

Status
Not open for further replies.

annatoujani

hello
I have a photovoltaic system for allimentation continuous load but the problem I have two type of load: 1st and 2nd 24Vdc power supply 110 Vdc
please help me how I made ??this installation. thank you:happyyes:

BillK-AZ

Without you specifying the energy needed at each voltage, it is hard to give specific advice.

One way to do this is to build a 110vdc PV system (perhaps 9 ea 12-volt batteries for 108 volts nominal, 95 to 128 typical range) and then use a power supply to transform the required power to 24 volts. You can use many of the wide input range (85 to 250 vac is typical) switch mode power supplies at about half of the normal power rating (limited by the input full wave rectifier stage). These power supplies are usually totally isolated input vs output, so a negative 110vdc could supply a +24vdc load with respect to ground. The problem is finding photovoltaic charge regulators for this voltage. If the system is not properly designed for the load, climate, etc. you will have poor battery life. Some of the PV maximum power point tracking charge regulators may work for this if you have a second battery at 24 volts. If in the USA, this is difficult to do if the National Electrical Code applies.

The other method is to build a 24V PV system and use a converter for the 110vdc. The 24-volt PV components are readily available, but the converter is unusual.

Or build two PV systems.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
When using either MPPT or PWM charge controllers, the one option you can rule out entirely would be to have the same panels directly driving two Charge Controllers going to different battery banks

Tapatalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.