Door Bell Pushbutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
I remember seeing a door bell pushbutton that had spring fingers that fit nicely in a PVC sleeve. They worked great for rough, irregular surfaces like stone, etc. You would simply install the sleeve at the depth of the finish and upon trim out, connect the button and push it in. I have a need in the near future and can't locate one. Has anyone seen one recently?

cpinetree

We will occasional use an Arlington DB2 (Sadly I don't think they make them anymore, at least I can't find them on their website)
It uses a standard round push button.
Try calling their customer service line 1-800-233-4717. They are awesome and will send a sample of damn near anything they make.

DB2.jpg

cpinetree

You caught me on a slow day :)

A quick chamfering with a razor knife of 1/2" sch40 will allow a standard nutone button to push in.
you will likely have to come up with a trim ring, or buy a prefab one.

db.jpg

Click image to make larger

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If we have a finish like stone we will mount the doorbell button on the door trim. Nice smooth surface. If the door is not in place I make sure the builder has a 5/8 paddle bit and they drill it for me when setting the door.

Besoeker

Why not go wireless?
I have one on the front door and another on the back door.
Simple, inexpensive, and no wiring.
I can select different ring tones and on the back door one I can record a message.
Currently it is "You have a back door visitor".
On the front it is E C D g. g D E C.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
All good ideas but the button I remember was a larger diameter with the trim ring built in. If memory serves me the PVC sleeve was 3/4 or 1".

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
If we have a finish like stone we will mount the doorbell button on the door trim. Nice smooth surface. If the door is not in place I make sure the builder has a 5/8 paddle bit and they drill it for me when setting the door.

That's great if your timing is right but what if you rough it in before the doors are on? Around here, there is a good chance that wire will be forever buried in the door frame.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Why not go wireless?
I have one on the front door and another on the back door.
Simple, inexpensive, and no wiring.
I can select different ring tones and on the back door one I can record a message.
Currently it is "You have a back door visitor".
On the front it is E C D g. g D E C.

I've tried those before but the quality seems a bit unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.