The craziness you find

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapseofmind

So, after building all my MCC panels that needed to be done(only my PLC panel is left but waiting on material), I decided to go through the shop and find electrical issues.

I talked to our machine shop guy and he opened up the oil reservoir on the horizontal mill and told me how when he was refilling it the other day he got shocked. I looked inside and what did I find? The wires for the oil pump and the switch it's tied to are just twisted together. No wirenuts, no electrical tape, no wago's, no nothing. Earlier this week, when testing the amp draw on a motor I discovered a bunch of exposed, hot wiring.

This place needs some serious work. But hey, at least I fixed the welders area(they were getting shocked for the last couple years apparently, whenever they would have their welding machines on. Whoever hooked them up originally had tied their ground onto a hot leg in the cord cap.):happysad:

lapseofmind

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. They only hired me as a mechanical service tech and to build MCC panels(and other, small panels) but I get bored at times and fall back to my electrical roots. If I had pictures of the state of disrepair this place is in, I'd post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.