Auxiliary contacts can't find on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrandt

Do any of you guys know of a web site that I can get an auxiliary contact that is made by Toshiba Corporation, type XM to use for a C-65E or C-100E. Says A600 heavy duty on it also. 1NC and 1NO.

Thanks for any help.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
C65-E and C100-E are part numbers for Toshiba's old line of NEMA contactors, I believe the C65 was a NEMA Size 2, the C100 was a NEMA size 3. Toshiba got out of the magnetic contactor business in the US about 10 years ago, maybe more. All they sell here in the US now are drives, motors and medium voltage gear like vacuum contactors. Those aux contacts in the link above are for their vacuum contactors, they are unrelated to the magnetic NEMA contactors they used to sell. So the only way to find the contactor auxiliaries now will be if someone has them on fleaBay or a surplus broker like PLC Center. The problem is, if you do not already know that actual part number of the aux. contacts themselves, not the contactor, then none of those resources will have a way of telling you what you need, they are just part number monkeys. The oldest Toshiba Industrial Controls catalog I have is from 2011, the electro-mechanical control components were already long gone by then. You'd have to find someone who is keeping a printed catalog from maybe 2003 or 2004, and people (like me) are purging old printed catalogs now, it just takes up too much room. But in 2003, Toshiba likely did not publish that catalog in pdf format yet.

If it were me, I would bite the bullet and scrap that unsupported product now, replacing it with a known viable major name brand contactor from a local trusted source. There was nothing special about those contactors, any NEMA contactor of the same rating will suffice.

Last edited:

kbrandt

Thanks guys, it is used to send a signal to office letting them know the pump is running. Probably just get a ice cube relay and wire it in to send signal to office, no load really on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.