Calif General Journeyman test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I was asked if the GJ test was still open book. I did not have the answer. I know the EC test is closed, at least it was for me back when I sat for the exam.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
CA journey man test is open book. They will give you the code book, calculator, (2) pencils, paper clips and (2) scratch paper.

You can not take ANYTHING with you inside the test room.

CA EC test, I believe is closed book. The test is so easy making it open book does not make any sense.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Was it open book then?

No the C-10 electrical contractors was not. The General journeyman test is not administered by the state contractors board like the C-10. It was my understanding the GJ test was open book when the testing was instituted. I have no Idea that is the question here,

captainwireman

CA journey man test is open book. They will give you the code book, calculator, (2) pencils, paper clips and (2) scratch paper.

You can not take ANYTHING with you inside the test room.

I had to take this last year and I can confirm your statement. I believe it is a Prometrics exam which is a contracted testing agency for all kinds of licenses. My best advice is get M Holts exam questions. This is another test to see how well you can navigate the code book and interpret the questions to code specific language.

Status
Not open for further replies.