110.21 Marking (B) Field-Applied Hazard Warning (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

Section/Paragraph: 110.21 Marking (B) Field-Applied Hazard Warning (1)

deleted

110.21 Marking. ....

(B) Field-Applied Hazard Markings. ....

(1) The marking shall adequately warn of the hazard using effective words and/or colors and/or symbols.

Substantiation:

"adequately" is an unenforceable term according to NEC_StyleManual_2011.pdf 3.2.1.

inserted deleted

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Well, OK, "adequately" is an unenforceable term.
Why does that substantiate deleting "effective" and leaving "adequately" unchanged?
Note that this casts doubt on all of your other submissions by association, forcing you to start all over next code cycle. :angel:

Tapatalk!

fmtjfw

Well, OK, "adequately" is an unenforceable term.
Why does that substantiate deleting "effective" and leaving "adequately" unchanged?
Note that this casts doubt on all of your other submissions by association, forcing you to start all over next code cycle. :angel:

Tapatalk!

I missed this "adequately" (by mis-editing the deletion highlighting). Glad you pointed it out. There are about 128 instances of this word. I've not suggested the deletion of all of them.

I am not just blindly suggesting the deletion of all "unenforceable" words. Sometimes the word is needed to make a sensible sentence. Sometime a word like "safety" appears to me to be descriptive and not part of the enforcement of a rule.

This might indicate that I'm not just blindly grinding out proposals for statistics purposes. But then first impressions may be hard to change.

If you think they all should be deleted I can help you scan the text and you can submit the 1000's of proposals.

Last edited:

fmtjfw

110.21 Marking (B) Field-Applied Hazard Warning (1) SECOND TRY

110.21 Marking (B) Field-Applied Hazard Warning (1) SECOND TRY

Section/Paragraph: 110.21 Marking (B) Field-Applied Hazard Warning (1)

deleted

110.21 Marking. ....

(B) Field-Applied Hazard Markings. ....

(1) The marking shall adequately warn of the hazard using effective words and/or colors and/or symbols.
Substantiation:

"adequately" is an unenforceable terms according to NEC_StyleManual_2011.pdf 3.2.1.

inserted deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.