Pole Mounted "Grid-Tie" PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmaped

Hello, curious if anyone can recommend or offer a manufacturer of a PV system (commercial / institutional environment) that features a pole (existing or new service drop / light pole) mounted PV Panel / System that ties directly to the ac line (e.g. 120, 240, 277V ac or similar) at the pole?
I'm not looking for any type of battery storage, rather PV power injection at a service drop or light pole. This is all downstream of utility meter.
Thanks.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Hello, curious if anyone can recommend or offer a manufacturer of a PV system (commercial / institutional environment) that features a pole (existing or new service drop / light pole) mounted PV Panel / System that ties directly to the ac line (e.g. 120, 240, 277V ac or similar) at the pole?
I'm not looking for any type of battery storage, rather PV power injection at a service drop or light pole. This is all downstream of utility meter.
Thanks.

How much power are you wanting to generate? Why do you want a pole mounted system? Are you looking for a dual axis tracker? What AC voltage do you need to interconnect with? The answers to these questions will have a lot of impact on the system design. Generally, a ground mounted system on conventional racking will cost a lot less to build than will a pole mounted system of the same DC STC rating, but if you are looking at a tracking system the difference in output may make it worth the expense.

ron

That's the Petra Systems solution in a nutshell:

http://www.petrasystems.com/

That seems to work great if there is a photo sensor / switch at each fixture and you could wire the inverter to the line side of the switch. I understand many outdoor light use one photo-sensor for many fixtures and for the inverter to feed in to the lightpole during the daytime when the light is off, is not useful since there is no load during the day.

farmaped

Thanks for the info, I have a request into Petra Systems.
I don't know why but I thought this application would be more readily available.
I easily found manufacturer's of pole mounted PV -battery storage - Outdoor lighting, but perhaps Petra Systems is the only manufacturer of this application.

I did find out that NJ is taking this concept and running with it's "Solar 4 All" program;
https://www.pseg.com/family/pseandg/solar4all/FAQ.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.