Cogeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro jr

Hi guys!!!im Pedro from phillippine anybody know what is cogeneration . I'm working in oil and gas here in SAUDI .. Thanks and good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlundsrud

I know this is a bit tangential, or even completely irrelevant, but I believe that "Coed" generation is from the sparks that fly between a man and a woman when they are hot for each other. In almost all cases alcohol is directly involved, similarly I believe this is also true for most pregnancies.

Bob

robbietan

Hi guys!!!im Pedro from phillippine anybody know what is cogeneration . I'm working in oil and gas here in SAUDI .. Thanks and good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, Robbie from the philippines here. Cogeneration usually means having 2 power plants using a single input. an example would be the exhaust of a simple cycle gas turbine as the heat source to produce steam. the steam would then power a steam turbine that would add up to the output power of the gas turbine.

makes efficient use of the hot exhaust gas that would have been simply released to the atmosphere

mivey

hi, Robbie from the philippines here. Cogeneration usually means having 2 power plants using a single input. an example would be the exhaust of a simple cycle gas turbine as the heat source to produce steam. the steam would then power a steam turbine that would add up to the output power of the gas turbine.

makes efficient use of the hot exhaust gas that would have been simply released to the atmosphere
That is combined cycle. Cogeneration is using the exhaust heat for other processes as per gar's link.

Status
Not open for further replies.