EMFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBoone

Occupation
General Contractor
What percentage of residential electricians here in the U.S. understand EMFs, are mindful of EMFs when wiring, or just have even an idea of what they are and how to avoid them?

iwire

Staff member
What percentage of residential electricians here in the U.S. understand EMFs, are mindful of EMFs when wiring, or just have even an idea of what they are and how to avoid them?

Why not tell us what you know first and why you are intrested?

Many of us are not convinced EMF is anything to worry about.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

Some people worry about them, usually because someone who knows almost nothing about electricity told them there was a problem and it can be fixed it by buying this widget they are selling. Not surprisingly, these widgets are often sold by people who are also selling products like organic vitamins, supplements, and herbs promising all kinds of health benefits.

DBoone

Occupation
General Contractor
Why not tell us what you know first and why you are intrested?

Many of us are not convinced EMF is anything to worry about.

Oh I don't know much. Just what I've picked up here. Keep the conductors in the same pipe, cable so they cancel each other out... That sort of thing.

I was thinking about a topic I started here in the last year about wanting to use 12-4 for a light-fan-heater combo but instead had to use 12-3 plus 12-2. Someone mentioned make sure I didn't tie all neutrals together but instead keep them separate.

Anyways, was just wondering how many guys out there would just tie all neutrals on same circuit together all day everyday and not think about paralleling conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.