100 amp wire in couduit or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hired an electrical contractor to put a sub panel in our detached shed. My question is, if it ok or within code to leave the 100 amp wires, 4 of them, not in conduit where they run through the wall and attic to get to the sub panel. They ran them in gray plastic conduit underground to the shed but are leaving them exposed in wall and attic. The reason I ask is where I lived before they were in conduit all the way to a sub panel we had there.. Thanks for any answers,, BTW I am located in the Fl. Panhandle,, Matt

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Can you describe the type of wire.

Is it (4) conductors assembled in round cable and approximately 1" across? Or you have (4) individual conductors that are about 1/4" across NOT assembled in a cable?

This is a cable assembly.

View attachment 11880

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Is this guy licensed? It also sounds like no permit is gotten and unfortunately that is what happens if this is the case. I would hope no licensed person would do that but I am sure there is someone out there that would.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Make sure the inspector does a thorough inspection of the installation.

In my area very few inspectors do their inspections thoroughly and IMO that is a shame to the Inspection Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.