IMG_0936_zps5ff6797d.jpg

IMG_0930_zps73709038.jpg

That's two pairs of 300 Kcmil per.

Attachments

• IMG_0924 (1).jpg
    IMG_0924 (1).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0

darekelec

I don't know, care to illuminate what is the problem?

350.30 Securing and Supporting. LFMC shall be se-curely fastened in place and supported in accordance with350.30(A) and (B).
(A) Securely Fastened. LFMC shall be securely fastenedin place by an approved means within 300 mm (12 in.) ofeach box, cabinet, conduit body, or other conduit termination and shall be supported and secured at intervals not toexceed 1.4 m.

I guess exceptions do not apply because flexibility is not needed.

Changeover method may bother some.

kwired

Electron manager
I would be more concerned with the Polaris connectors on the motor leads. I used some on some 400 HP 480 volt motors and had issues with them.

They sometimes seem to not take the heat in my experiences - don't know what their temp rating is. They also not likely rated for the presumed to be fine stranded motor leads.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
350.30 Securing and Supporting. LFMC shall be se-curely fastened in place and supported in accordance with350.30(A) and (B).
(A) Securely Fastened. LFMC shall be securely fastenedin place by an approved means within 300 mm (12 in.) ofeach box, cabinet, conduit body, or other conduit termination and shall be supported and secured at intervals not toexceed 1.4 m.

I guess exceptions do not apply because flexibility is not needed.

Changeover method may bother some.

if it was an issue, i'd take a piece of back to back strut,
and put two straps holding the strut to the stiffener legs,
then strap the sealtight to the strut... put it about where
the vent is on the pump casing.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
if it was an issue, i'd take a piece of back to back strut,
and put two straps holding the strut to the stiffener legs,
then strap the sealtight to the strut... put it about where
the vent is on the pump casing.

I think that would be a good idea, I've seen my fair share of flex pulled out of the connectors on big motors like these when it was left to hang like that with no supports.

kwired

Electron manager
I think that would be a good idea, I've seen my fair share of flex pulled out of the connectors on big motors like these when it was left to hang like that with no supports.

Then the rodents, birds, insects move in and cause destruction.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In my classes I make the comment that we often use LFMC where flexibility is not needed, but to make our job easier. The conduits could of been piped right to the motor job box.
Nearly all of us have run LFMC unsupported. But the code is the code. Here a picture of two mag flow meter transmitters using non metallic flex. I did the best I could on support.

Attachments

• 100_4368.jpg
    100_4368.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.