Honeywell 17KW generator from Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREEBALL

It is a generac Ive wired 2 of the generac models. You may need to use a Square D stab in lug on the neutral bar if you pull bigger than #6 for neutral unless this was fixed w/ the new name and all. But 1st one was a 20 kw pretty much the same configuration the 2nd was a 17kw a guy bought used, it wouldn't run and according to a generac dealer the valve lash was off it ran fine after that was fixed until one morning the generator was running for no reason. I found the sensing fuses were both blown. Followed some recommendations from this site to trouble shoot. I found the sensing unit circuit also fed the cold weather stuff the guy installed. Replaced the fuses and theres been no issue since then. But its relatively straight forward good luck hope this helps.

Besoeker

It is a Generac but I don't think they are made in China, but made in Wisconsin.
From Wikipedia:

Generac Power Systems is a manufacturer of backup power generation products for residential, light commercial and industrial markets.[6] Generac?s power systems range in output from 800 watts to 9 megawatts,[7] and are available through independent dealers, retailers and wholesalers.[6] Generac is headquartered in Waukesha, Wisconsin,[3][4] and has manufacturing facilities in Eagle and Whitewater, Wisconsin.[7]

masterinbama

Thanks, my brother is looking to have a generator installed and this price seemed great, 3 grand with a transfer switch. I guess a working vacation to Murphy NC is in the plans.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Take notice that the price is good for a limited amount of time
Valid 02/18/15 through 03/15/15. While supplies last
So, if you're in a warm climate and just so happen to have a customer who wants a generator it's a good buy. With shipping it's about $145 less than what you can buy it for at EG Direct. If you are in the frozen tundra of the northeast you're probably not going to want to install the generator right now. What will the price be after the cut-off date ?

FYI, Generac is privately labeling generators for several companies. I once had a service call to re-attach a service to a house after a storm. I had to cut off the tri-plex and so had to shut the generator off. The brand name on the generator was Carrier. My Generac key fit the lock on the enclosure and everything inside was labeled Generac.

Status
Not open for further replies.