Flush receptacle in a outside deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZED 76

Customer wants me to install some flush floor receptacles in his outdoor deck for convenience around the home for BARBQ,cleaning,blowers radio's et.Any thoughts or products come to mind ,greatly appreciate it

John120/240

In an outdoor deck I definitely would not install floor receptacles. Do they even make weather proof rated floor receptacles ? In your situation I would use Bell box receptacles or flush receptacles cut in to a vertical surface.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Customer wants me to install some flush floor receptacles in his outdoor deck for convenience around the home for BARBQ,cleaning,blowers radio's et.Any thoughts or products come to mind ,greatly appreciate it

Ask your customer how often he wants you to come back and be paid to replace the receptacles or find out why the GFCI has tripped. Since GFCI protected circuits are required I would say they would stay tripped most of the time. And as was said, you can't put "in use" covers on a receptacle mounted face up.

If he insists on not having them on the wall at the deck, I would see if he would let you put them on the posts or even on the band board for the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.