Hospital Grade Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIM

If the treatment rooms are deemed critical care areas. In a dentist office most likely not.

waynebeach

Med Gas

Med Gas

If you have Anesthetic Gases in the Dental treatment room I would venture to say yes......but I would check with the EE who submitted the Plans and Specs....

Kevyn O

I was required by the AHJ to install Hospital Grade Receptacles in the Treatment Rooms of a Dental Office.
The rooms have Med Gas outlets to be used periodically on patients as needed.
The only area in the code that I can find that requires HG receptacles are by "Patient Beds".
517.61.C2 refers to Other-Than-Hazardous (Classified) Anesthetizing Locations.
I don't interpret the code for a General Dental Office to fit that criteria.
Your Thoughts :?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You are correct but, out of curiosity, was any of the portable equipment in the office that had tags requiring HG receptacles?

Roger

Kevyn O

The only piece of equipment that is present at the time of inspection is the dental chair which requires a HG receptacle.
We always install HG receptacles for the chair but not the other receptacles in the room.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The only piece of equipment that is present at the time of inspection is the dental chair which requires a HG receptacle.
We always install HG receptacles for the chair but not the other receptacles in the room.
And IMO, if the chair is not present and he were requiring it for the chair he is out of bounds, that would be the end users call. Since the chair is present he could use 110.3 for his substantiation.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.