Arc Flash Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeStillman

I have been doing a lot of Arc-Flash calcs lately. I have been delivering labels printed with a color laser printer on paper stickers. Most of my customers don't like these because they are not very durable. I want to buy a vinyl label printer that thermally embosses the data on die-cut, pre-printed orange or red striped vinyl media.

Do you SKM and etap users print your own labels or out-source them?

JeffBabineaux

The chemical plant I worked for printed their own labels with a fancy label printer, sized for the labels only. Not sure how much they saved, but in outdoor chemical plant environment, Office Depot paper stickers wouldn't have lasted long. Wish I had the label printer model in front of me, but that was another world, another time.

jake21

I am using industrial label makers. These labels can sustain high temperatures and sun lights for at least few years. Once applied, its almost impossible to pull them out (super glue).

And these printers are not at all costly if you consider outsourcing prices. (Although cartridge is kinda costly)

Bugman1400

We outsource the label printed and have copyrighted the design. PM me if you want further information.

That doesn't make sense to me. How can you copyright the design of an arcflash label? So, if my label shows the incident energy and the recommended PPE level like your design, can I be busted for copyright infringement?:eek:hmy:

vicdog

We use these also. Don't care for the dura label pro 300. I Like the Toro, but still have a little trouble with the die cuts sticking to the ribbon sometimes. If you go with the continuos label, it can cut each one.
They have outdoor rated labels with chem resistant ribbon that holds up well in sunlight.
Tech support is great. If you buy over 2k worth of labels, you should get the printer free. They Might send you a printer to try.

wbdvt

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
That doesn't make sense to me. How can you copyright the design of an arcflash label? So, if my label shows the incident energy and the recommended PPE level like your design, can I be busted for copyright infringement?:eek:hmy:

The copyright concerns the specific design and layout of the label not the information contained on the label.

Bugman1400

The copyright concerns the specific design and layout of the label not the information contained on the label.

So, if my layout design includes the word WARNING on top in black letters on an orange background and contains the exclamation point in the triangle, I could be in violation of your copyright? I'd love to see this unique layout and design. Why don't you share? There should be no problem since its copyrighted.....correct?

I should copyright the layout and design of a STOP sign.

wbdvt

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
Sample attached. The labels are color coded by incident energy level per levels <1.2, 1.2 to 12, >12 to 40, >40 cal/cm2.

Attachments

• scan016 red.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 0

JoeStillman

We sprang for a Labeltac 4 Pro. It makes a nice vinyl 6" x 4" label. The die-cut labels come on a roll in either orange or red. I wasted about 50 of them crawling up the learning curve.

labels.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.