Spline drive ground rod adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

five.five-six

I have a bosch spline drive rotohamer and want to get a ground rod adapter for it. there is a wide variety of prices and manufactures, I would love a recommendation.

kwired

Electron manager
AFAIK they are all about the same thing.

I thought about buying one a long time ago but kept thinking not worth the expense.

Then about 6-8 years ago I had a mishap with my "home made" driver, slipped off the rod while driving it and as my hands came downward I hit the rod with my left hand - rod went through the palm of my hand:eek::eek::eek:

Emergency room was bad enough, but it later got an infection and they hospitalized me for a couple days to get rid of that infection.

I now have a ground rod driver for my rotary hammer - and it cost a lot less then the medical bills did after that incident.

ceb58

Spent $80.00 for one for my 1" Dewalt HD. Worth every penny. Also have a 2000w inverter for my truck. Will run drill for driving rods for temps services where no power is available and don't want to drag out generator for 2 rods.

Rampage_Rick

Anyone ever attempted to use a rotary hammer to drive conduit under a sidewalk?

I've got a beast of a drill. It's a '90s vintage Makita HR3850K that originally took Kango-style hex shank bits. (which are nigh-impossible to find around here nowadays) I replaced about $100 worth of parts to convert it to a spline-drive HR3850B

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor

I've got a beast of a drill. It's a '90s vintage Makita HR3850K that originally took Kango-style hex shank bits. (which are nigh-impossible to find around here nowadays) I replaced about $100 worth of parts to convert it to a spline-drive HR3850B

No, but that's freakin' cool! What do you put a cap on the end?

tshea

Excellent idea!

Excellent idea!

Next time I get in this position, I'll try it!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have the Bosch rod adapter and it works fine. For 20 years I used to just stick the rod inside the Bosch with no adapter.... never had an issue, then the Bosh died. I decided to get the adapter on the new hammer drill

Status
Not open for further replies.