Nail Salon electrical? Any special requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been asked to put a quote together for a client. Other than standard lights and plugs for common areas I was wondering if the chairs where you would get a manicure or pedicure would require gfci or even isolated grounds. Since these outlets would have equipment used on people I was wondering and I've done it for dental chairs

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You would need GFCI protection if the stations had sinks within 6' of the receptacles. Many pedicure stations do have sinks with a receptacle adjacent to sink. Forget isolated grounds for anything in the salon.

P1070448.jpg

templdl

Just been asked to put a quote together for a client. Other than standard lights and plugs for common areas I was wondering if the chairs where you would get a manicure or pedicure would require gfci or even isolated grounds. Since these outlets would have equipment used on people I was wondering and I've done it for dental chairs

Have you reviewed the local and state electrical and building code requirements? I doubt if a AHJ will approve any code violations based upon the replies that you get from this forum.
Please review you applicable local code requirements and then advise if you need any clarifications.

mgookin

You'll need the specs on the chairs of course and in nail salons from a bldg. dept perspective, it's always ventilation that comes up.

I did a little bit of searching last night and those downdraft tables kept coming up for nail salons. I'm going to call our local safety authority and Vancouver city hall to get some definitive answers. I don't want to give a low bid and then tell the owner I missed a whole bunch of things

Status
Not open for further replies.