LED dimming flickering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBRZ

New User
I have installed a Creston lighting control system. Most of the LED bulbs work perform fine. I have however 3 zones of "Edison LED Light bulbs" that flicker occasionally. I have researched and discovered that this type of bulb is not approved by Creston. Lutron list it as approved, however, not on their lighting panel systems, only on a local dimmer and then only up to eight bulbs. At this point I have a lutron graphic eye with a lutron dimmer (double filter). This gets the only good results. The problem is that to control these three zones will cost about 3000 to 4000 dollars in Lutron equipment. Has anybody else had this problem and found a better resolution?

Fitzdrew516

I have installed a Creston lighting control system. Most of the LED bulbs work perform fine. I have however 3 zones of "Edison LED Light bulbs" that flicker occasionally. I have researched and discovered that this type of bulb is not approved by Creston. Lutron list it as approved, however, not on their lighting panel systems, only on a local dimmer and then only up to eight bulbs. At this point I have a lutron graphic eye with a lutron dimmer (double filter). This gets the only good results. The problem is that to control these three zones will cost about 3000 to 4000 dollars in Lutron equipment. Has anybody else had this problem and found a better resolution?

Although I love Lutron products, they are definitely on the high end of the market. I don't know for sure if nLight makes something that will fit your budget or not, but I've had good luck with their controls in the past. Look up their wall pods for multi scene control - they are similar to the grafik eye.

- Drew

kevinkk

what model

what model

GBRZ
what model crestron dimmer are you using?
how many lamps pre channel and watts per lamp?
this is doable

Status
Not open for further replies.