Cutler Hammer Tan handle breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

Are the CH tan style breakers allowed to be double tapped. They look a lot like the Sq D with two slots for a wire on each side. I didn't see any info on the panel I was working on today but two breakers were doubled up, one wire on each side in a little slot.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
You made me go out to the truck and look.

I say yes it is allowed. CH breakers don't have the picture on it showing two wires like Sq D, but they say 20inlbs for one wire and 30inlbs for two wires. I translate that to mean double tapping on a CH is otay.

I see sneaky jumper jumped in while I was digging through debris.

templdl

Are the CH tan style breakers allowed to be double tapped. They look a lot like the Sq D with two slots for a wire on each side. I didn't see any info on the panel I was working on today but two breakers were doubled up, one wire on each side in a little slot.
Is there a tag/label just below or close to the terminal, often with print so small you can't read it, that would state what is allowed.
With a standard CH breaker you may have to remove it and look just above the terminal for the label which is basically impossible to see with the breaker installed in the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.