Are you permitted to junction feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm on a commercial job and I have been asked to move an old panel about 15 feet further away from it's source than it currently is. Is it ok to junction the feeders? Its 208/120v 200 amp panel. Also. Box size? Should I just go 36x36x12?

Thanks!!!!

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
yes, you can splice the feeder.
Box size is determined from 314.28(A)
If you have a 36x36x12 it is more than big enough.
If you have to buy it I'd size it by 314.28 (A)

Carultch

Pull box sizing: (picture)

Good graphic. Although it is missing a key word. Distance between raceway ENTRIES. It is very easy to overlook that word, and Mike Holt says he's overlooked that word numerous times, which is why it is missing from the graphic.

In otherwords, they don't expect you to draw every bushing, locknut, hub, and connector to scale, in order to properly construct the "distance between raceways". This value needs to be the distance between the edges of the openings, prior to the raceways being terminated. So for an angle pull, find the raceway center and then move along the box by a distance of the outer radius of the raceway, toward the other raceway. In general, the outer diameter of a raceway is approximately the next larger trade size.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
How many Chicago School economists does it take to chzng a light bulb?

None. If the light bulb really needed to be changed the market would have done it already.

How many Keynsian economists does it take to change a light bulb?

All of them, thereby raising employment and shifting the demand curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.