6 Lamp T8 High Bay Lights Strobing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_D

New User
I recently added 3 more 20 amp fluorescent lighting circuits to an old hardware store. I installed all 6 lamp T8 High Bay Light fixtures...Problem came into play when I energized the new lighting circuits! When I switch any of the 3 new circuits on it causes all the other pre-existing 6 lamp fixtures that the store had to strobe like disco lights or cop car lights! Yikes! I have checked grounding...each fixture is bonded to frame with the line ground (I am using 12/3 MC Cable)... Is it a low voltage issue? Grounding? Shared Neutral issue? What are some things for me to consider and troubleshoot?

kwired

Electron manager
How long can they handle this until ballasts will need to be changed?

Had a neutral problem on the pole one time that effected ballasts in a shop building on a farm. All the 120-277 multivolt T-5 ballasts that were in operation at the time of that failure no longer worked after this event. Don't know what voltage they were subject to when this event happened but could have been anywhere between zero and 240 I guess as it was a 120/240 single phase with bad neutral. The lights were connected to 120 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.