Article 800 Exclusion from the rest of the code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told, and believe that Article 800, if not all of chapter 8 is excluded from the rest of the NEC unless specifically referenced. However I cannot find that referenced anywhere, and I have looked in chapter 1 as well as 8. Can anyone point me in the correct direction here. Thanks.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
As far as I know chapter 8 is part of the NEC and if your local area has adopted it and have no amendments about chapter 8 then it must be referenced and complied with.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I have been told, and believe that Article 800, if not all of chapter 8 is excluded from the rest of the NEC unless specifically referenced. However I cannot find that referenced anywhere, and I have looked in chapter 1 as well as 8. Can anyone point me in the correct direction here. Thanks.
Take a look at 90.3

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have been told, and believe that Article 800, if not all of chapter 8 is excluded from the rest of the NEC unless specifically referenced.

Is it possible that whoever told you this was thinking about Article 80 (Annex H)?

Roger

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Take a look at 90.3

Chapter 8 covers communications systems and is not subject
to the requirements of Chapters 1 through 7 except where
the requirements are specifically referenced in Chapter 8.

so i would say that maybe they are right when they say article 800 is more or less a standalone article.

however, didn't we have a discussion on article 800 once where the general conclusion was that it only applied to the demarcation point to the first point of connection to internal equipment?

where did you find that statement

where did you find that statement

That Statement I have heard and am sure read at one point or another but I can't find it now that I am looking for it. Thanks Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.