What little faith I had left in the trade is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
There have been hacks in every profession including the medical profession as long as such professions have existed. I don't see it is all that much different today than the past, nor do I see the workmanship has changed all that much. The materials have changed somewhat, and the means by which things are done has changed.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
There have been hacks in every profession including the medical profession as long as such professions have existed. I don't see it is all that much different today than the past, nor do I see the workmanship has changed all that much. The materials have changed somewhat, and the means by which things are done has changed.
I agree totally.

electricmanscott

Scott was self employed for a long time, working for "the man" is a fairly new deal for him.

Tough transition

Maybe it's time you go back to being self employed?

Personally and financially not feasible right now.

There have been hacks in every profession including the medical profession as long as such professions have existed. I don't see it is all that much different today than the past.

I agree with this too. However, making >$100k in a climate controlled office with a professional atmosphere vs the construction industry is IMO far better.

iwire

Staff member
Through that pvc we were going to run 4/3 romex that we were running through the basement. Of course I protested and of course I was promptly overruled by "executive decision".

So with all the bad going on in this world, the Govt ripping us off, ISIS using people for target practice, people starving every day, the economy in some sort of perpetual slump unless you are the top 5% and it is the electrical trade that makes you want to give up?

I really can't wrap my head around that, it's just electrical work.

electricmanscott

So with all the bad going on in this world, the Govt ripping us off, ISIS using people for target practice, people starving every day, the economy in some sort of perpetual slump unless you are the top 5% and it is the electrical trade that makes you want to give up?

>53,000 posts on "just electrical work" :slaphead:

iwire

Staff member
Just to be the devil's advocate, imagine what someone born in 1880 went through: Two world wars, the great depression, red scare, fear of being nuked during the cold war...... I think things have been quite cushy :)

No doubt, we live in the most cushy time, yet still poor trade practices should not be the top concern in my opinion.

user 100

:thumbsup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.