Attached garage minimum wiring 2011 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

They (builder) wants minimum for now new attached two car garage to existing house. There happens to be a dedicated 20 amp circuit that was the outside receptacle so I will use that for 2 door openers, one convenience outlet, one inside light and two outside lights. I have read here about an outlet for each car space. Is that 2014?

jumper

They (builder) wants minimum for now new attached two car garage to existing house. There happens to be a dedicated 20 amp circuit that was the outside receptacle so I will use that for 2 door openers, one convenience outlet, one inside light and two outside lights. I have read here about an outlet for each car space. Is that 2014?

Yes.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

That may or may not be code compliant but I don't know that you should worry about it. Look at 210.23(A)(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.