Utility Sizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

Has anyone noticed that some of the utility engineers/managers seem like they don't have the benefit of the "decades of data"?

(Basically I'm wondering if the decades of data took early retirement.)
The simple fact is that not everyone at the utility knows what they are doing. Much like any other business.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
No. I stopped by the other day just to put my hand on it t see if it seemed hot. (it wasn't)

If you could fry and egg on the frame, it would still be considered cool. The reason is that what is hot for us is not for electrical equipment.

iwire

Staff member
How so?

I only see it as saving the POCO money. You must think the POCO passes those savings on to the consumer. :happyno:

We just got this months bill in from our power company.

It is a credit for $43.00. They spent less then predicted so our rates went down. :cool:

(Full disclosure, I live in a town with a municipal non-profit electrical supplier. Great rates, great service, easy to contact.)

peter d

We just got this months bill in from our power company.

It is a credit for $43.00. They spent less then predicted so our rates went down. :cool:

(Full disclosure, I live in a town with a municipal non-profit electrical supplier. Great rates, great service, easy to contact.)

So basically the polar opposite of National Grid.

iwire

Staff member
So basically the polar opposite of National Grid.

:thumbsup:

Try to find the right phone number of the person you need to talk to with National Grid.:rant:

On the other hand with this local company I left a voice mail about power issues at my home on a Saturday morning before I left for work and someone called me right back, they went by my house with a load bank that goes in place of the meter, they confirmed a bad neutral and by lunch the repair truck had come by and fixed it.

peter d

Try to find the right phone number of the person you need to talk to with National Grid.:rant:

On the other hand with this local company I left a voice mail about power issues at my home on a Saturday morning before I left for work and someone called me right back, they went by my house with a load bank that goes in place of the meter, they confirmed a bad neutral and by lunch the repair truck had come by and fixed it.

Oh sure, rub it in for those of us that have to suffer with NG. :lol:

Though in NG's defense, the only thing that seems to get them moving quickly is an open neutral issue.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician

Municipal utilities are some respectable entities. If you ever moved and had to be fed from a conglomerate your view of electricity will change for ever :happyno::happysad:

Status
Not open for further replies.