Looking for licensing sponsorship - Tampa / St. Petersburg, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing commercial satellite work for another company for nearly two decades. Recently, I have decided to start my own company and diversify a bit with surveillance, home theater, etc. I do not possess a low-voltage license but want to be. I'm seeking a company to sponsor my company until I receive my own license. I'm not sure what is truly required but I have reached out to FLVCA for clarification. Any help and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,
John

ceb58

I have been doing commercial satellite work for another company for nearly two decades. Recently, I have decided to start my own company and diversify a bit with surveillance, home theater, etc. I do not possess a low-voltage license but want to be. I'm seeking a company to sponsor my company until I receive my own license. I'm not sure what is truly required but I have reached out to FLVCA for clarification. Any help and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,
John

What you are asking some one to do would be illegal here in NC and more than likely its that way in Fl. The only way it would work is, if you found some one who holds a license to partner with in a business. That way the license holder would be an ' officer " of the company.

mgookin

Florida allows a license holder to "qualify" a company but that license holder must be in constructive control of the work being done under the license.

You can't "prostitute" the license which would be when a license holder lets you act in their capacity for a fee and does not actively participate in the operations.

I strongly suggest you get your own license. When you have that license you are deemed to be qualified to engage in the business activity and competent and proficient with the technical aspect of the work for which you are contracting. Get the license!

When under a state of emergency everyone gets checked and a first offense is elevated from misdemeanor to felony. Unlicensed persons get arrested on the spot. If you are ever charged with a licensing violation, misdemeanor or felony, you will likely never get a license in your name.

Be patient, hang in there, go through the process like everyone else, and get your own license. It's easier than most people think.

kwired

Electron manager
I don't intend to be mean, but if you have two decades of experience and can't obtain the required license for what you wish to do ....

If it is a matter of just getting it done (obtaining the license), what have you been waiting for?

growler

I have been doing commercial satellite work for another company for nearly two decades. Recently, I have decided to start my own company and diversify a bit with surveillance, home theater, etc.

I don't intend to be mean, but if you have two decades of experience and can't obtain the required license for what you wish to do ....

If it is a matter of just getting it done (obtaining the license), what have you been waiting for?

He does say that he has almost 20 years of experience but he states that experience is in commercial satellite work.

Some states require you to have a certain amount of experience in the low voltage type of work that you intend to do. He says surveillance, home theater, ect.

If that ect. is such things as alarm systems there may be a problem with experience.

kwired

Electron manager
He does say that he has almost 20 years of experience but he states that experience is in commercial satellite work.

Some states require you to have a certain amount of experience in the low voltage type of work that you intend to do. He says surveillance, home theater, ect.

If that ect. is such things as alarm systems there may be a problem with experience.
Then he should get a job that will allow him to gain the proper experience. Everyone else has to follow the same rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.