estimating programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymari

Hello all,
Business is beginning to grow and I am getting to where I need a reliable estimating tool.
Any suggestions on good programs for someone new to using them.
Residential jobs are no issue but we are beginning to move more and more into commercial arena with my main builder.
Current upcomming project 1200 amp service multi floor job.
I am confident with the guys I have on hand , very well rounded, it's the pricing that I myself need help with.
Thanks in advance
Robert

teco

Red Rhino

Red Rhino

I use Red Rhino and I love it. The ease of use is great, the ability to add items on demand, the price is great, updated material cost, adding assemblies is easy, etc. Its not so rigid in its set up so it allows you to add and edit easily. It does proposals/invoices as well but I use another program for that.

I have used a few of the popular programs in my area for years and have switched to this for the reasons I've mentioned above. It has its issues as with all programs, needs a bit bigger material base but it has most materials I need. My only complaint is their conduit supports section is very strange and needs to be redone. I've been trying to get them to do that.

Also, it is a cloud based program so I can access all my bids or do a quick quote from anywhere, using my MacPro or iPad, or any computer available. Bottom line, it wins us jobs and profits. I am a commercial contractor.

bobbymari

I use Red Rhino and I love it. The ease of use is great, the ability to add items on demand, the price is great, updated material cost, adding assemblies is easy, etc. Its not so rigid in its set up so it allows you to add and edit easily. It does proposals/invoices as well but I use another program for
I have used a few of the popular programs in my area for years and have switched to this for the reasons I've mentioned above. It has its issues as with all programs, needs a bit bigger material base but it has most materials I need. My only complaint is their conduit supports section is very strange and needs to be redone. I've been trying to get them to do that.

Also, it is a cloud based program so I can access all my bids or do a quick quote from anywhere, using my MacPro or iPad, or any computer available. Bottom line, it wins us jobs and profits. I am a commercial contractor.

Thanks bud will look into.
Much appreciated

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I use Conest Intellibid/Surecount/Jobtrac.

I would recommend.

It is not cloud based like the program mentioned above, but you can "check out" a job and take with you on the go. When you return to the office, you can "check in" the job back to the server.

Estimating Software

Estimating Software

I used Red Rhino as well. It kind of has that Accubid feel, since it is modeled after a spreadsheet basically. I liked, it did well. Has anyone used Turbobid? It seems to be fairly affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.