Lots of Magic Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google translated the comments. It looks like they dont know what they were doing.

+ Alexander Androshchuk The video clearly audible: disable packet switch TSN-1, the second person carries the team and mistakenly disables AV 0.4 heating control circuit (video 8:15). The first person looks like (the ram) continues to dictate the next step. Output as load was not removed RTSN-1-10 pulled arc ... kapets result.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
geez, looked like thermite or a block of magnesium taking off. why do they let it keep frying? maybe if the snow throwing came a tad earlier the damage would have been less :eek:hmy:

after all that craziness they had a little fun, again with fire

I understand Russian pretty well. Had to learn it in the service.
The supervisor is reading the protocol to the apprentice.
He starts out at 3:40 by instructing the apprentice to "cut the alarm and the control circuits from "TTN1" to "TTN2" "
Every step is followed by "execute!" -- a directive to take the step that he just read off.
The directive after which everything went to dickens was to "throw the TTN1 bus switch" - Arc flash.
At 11:50 the super is calling off the fire engine: "no need to come, the fire is extinguished"
At 12:30 the supervisor goes: "the load was off, why did it short?"
One thing I have to give these guys credit for -- not a single profanity throughout the whole thing.
I myself was firing expletives off just from watching the thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.