Cooler Door On Electric Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzdrew516

That makes sense and I'm sure your architect has dealt with it before, as well as AHJ if this is an existing facility.

You have a refrigerated production area in which you need to create a non-refrigerated space for electrical equipment hence the cooler door, etc.
Curious: Cold ambient temperature is typically great for electrical and electronics, but condensation can be detrimental. Do you put a dehumidifier in that room to mitigate condensation?

Not typically, but we are conditioning the electric room so that it's not 1000 degrees. So that should take care of the humidity.

iwire

Staff member
So I am really curious why the thermal R rating of a door has anything to do with its use around electrical equipment.

It's just a door, and like all doors as long as the size, hardware and fire ratings are adequate it is fine.

Fitzdrew516

So I am really curious why the thermal R rating of a door has anything to do with its use around electrical equipment.

It's just a door, and like all doors as long as the size, hardware and fire ratings are adequate it is fine.

I don't think it does I was just seeing if anyone else could find an issue with it. Like I said ... If I wasn't able to get panic hardware on the door that would have been one reason I couldn't have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.