gfci usb combo outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lielec11

Do they make these? A client is asking for one for their kitchen island and I can't seem to find one. But I figured I'd as everyone here in case I missed something.

luckylerado

Do they make these? A client is asking for one for their kitchen island and I can't seem to find one. But I figured I'd as everyone here in case I missed something.

I have never seen one but you could always use a GFI breaker. My guess is that if they do make one they will be expensive and not likely to be a good color match to adjacent recepts

Fitzdrew516

From my quick searches with standard manufacturers it doesn't seem to me like they make them (yet). Probably a physical size issue honestly. 2 ways to remedy your situation -

1 - GFCI Receptacle Upstream
2 - GFCI Breaker

Fitzdrew516

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Looks like the reason is that the GFCI receptacles are too wide and the feed screws are in unpredictable locations.
Also would not work with backstab-only receptacles and maybe not with split feed.

JFletcher

No GFCI/ USB receptacles that I know of, tho as others suggested, use a standard GFCI upstream then a TR / USB combo receptacle load side. Leviton makes a simplex TR receptacle with 2 USB ports for about $11.

Status
Not open for further replies.