Help with code violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
f989a054448a85f7c4e1f5833ee4f25e.jpg

This exists in a healthcare facility. There are many issues with this panel. Please let me know what the issues are to support my concerns. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
You do not have a panel. You have a field created 'junction box'

Other than what looks like a bunch of ground wires crammed into a single lug, there is not enough information for me to pass judgment on it.

You do not have a panel. You have a field created 'junction box'

Other than what looks like a bunch of ground wires crammed into a single lug, there is not enough information for me to pass judgment on it.

It's a panel box swapped to a pillbox where the buss ways for breakers are taped over for insulation and still energized. Also, butt splices and shared 120/208 277/480 neutrals and raceways. Those are the biggest concerns. With the shared neutrals of the 120/208 transformer- my harmonics are not harnessed creating THD. This side affect is delivering a lot of nuisance trips.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Also, butt splices and shared 120/208 277/480 neutrals and raceways.
None of those are code violations however seeing the neutrals terminated on the same buss bar is a problem

With the shared neutrals of the 120/208 transformer- my harmonics are not harnessed creating THD.
Has anybody actually done any monitoring to see what the THD is?

What type of equipment is being served with the 120/208?

Roger

None of those are code violations however seeing the neutrals terminated on the same buss bar is a problem

Has anybody actually done any monitoring to see what the THD is?

What type of equipment is being served with the 120/208?

Roger

THD is around 11% results from PQM 434. 277 is lighting and motors while 120/208 is office and fan coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.