new subpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
a customer is requesting a new 100 sub for some new equipment. they want us to get permit. the subpanel will come off a 400a MDP. do you think the inspectors or city will require a one line drawing and load analysis for new sub panel?? if the building is exisiting would we be required to supply Arc fault current calc.??

iwire

Staff member
Almost no one but that AHJ can answer that.

If you share your location maybe someone familiar with that area could help.

What fault current levels are you dealing with?

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Almost no one but that AHJ can answer that.

If you share your location maybe someone familiar with that area could help.

What fault current levels are you dealing with?

Houston TX. I agree IWIRE. i was just wondering what information is needed to determine the load and what information i maybe asked. Im not sure of the fault currents we are dealing with. i was just asking if permit was required along with oneline and load analysis. how would it been done. What would be the norm on something like this??

IWIRE. I am a young jourmeyman who usually works off prints on new construction. when we get jpbs like this i try to understand the admin side of work like permits, onelines, and load analysis. Our shop master and more experienced people know all the answers to these questions but I like to pick peoples brains and learn most of this. my current employer or seasoned JM dont always feel the need to share,

kwired

Electron manager
What load is being added? You have to know that before you can do any calculations other then very basic available fault current calculations. You need to know what the existing load is as well before you can determine there is enough capacity to add your new load to existing equipment.

Drawings, calculations, etc. before work is done can vary greatly from one jurisdiction to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.