277/480V 3P (WYE) to 240V 1P questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and thank you for reading this thread.

I am working in a facility that builds and tests large diesel motors. A new dyno room is under contruction and most of the motors and electronic devices will require 120/240V 1p. The room that is under construction has 277/480V (WYE) 3p.

My plan is to run two hot legs from the 3 phase to a single phase step down transformer. [FONT=&quot]9T21B1004G02[/FONT] is the model of the transformer we have and plan on utilizing. It's a 240/480V step down to 120/240V single phase. The transformer will be wired as suggested in the diagram... H1 / H4 get primary leads H2/H3 get tied together, X4/X1 are secondary leads, and X2/X3 get tied together. Theoretically this should get us to 240V across the two secondary leads.

Things to consider before I ask my questions:
The amp draw from the equipment at 240V will be less than 15A combined.
We are running two 1/2HP motors that are driving pumps and the electrical equipment runs mostly 24V DC so its all going through a power supply.
Due to budget constraints the [FONT=&quot]9T21B1004G02 [/FONT]has to be used.

My questions are:
First and foremost will this work?
Is the transformer wiring accurate for my situation or does one of the leads need to be moved.

Thanks for reading.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
WELCOME TO THE FORUM... :thumbsup:

Of the details posted, it looks good from here. :D

For others, the xfmr is rated 5kVA. I didn't check the possibility of voltage sag on both motors starting at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.