Indoor Service Pole (Power Pole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shujinko

I have an application where I will have a Wiremold indoor service pole (power pole) installed to feed some pre-wired furniture. Is it possible and code complaint to hardwire directly from the power pole to the pre-wired furniture? I have never run into this application. Flexible conduit will be used from the power pole to the pre-wired furniture.

Is this pre-wired with standard boxes or is it modular furniture with listed modular wiring? The latter usually has specific whips to connect as part of their listing, and those are designed to connect straight to building wiring.

If it's just some shop-built furniture with regular receptacles etc, then you should be OK with a short section of flex from the power pole. Hardly ever done with connectors unless things have to move all the time.

Shujinko

It's not modular furniture. It's a work bench with a wiremold surface raceway mounted on it. The surface raceway will have receptacles in it. Does that make a difference code wise as far as hard wiring with flex conduit from a power pole to a surface raceway? The connection point will be from some 3/4" knockouts on the end of the surface raceway .

Status
Not open for further replies.