Amateur attempt to explain 3 phase to laymen........

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionysius

After much surfing I came across a video which is quite incomplete but a fair start. It is certainly NOT professional IMHO but I will let those of you who care to view it make up your own mind.

Let me know if it does anything for you great people on this fine site........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnH_ifcRJq4

kwired

Electron manager
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=177563

This topic is already being discussed in a relatively hot thread that for once is accurately "rated 5 stars".

Unlike the usual 5 star ratings that are actually one vote by OP trying to get people to answer his question by pretending that it's a great thread and you should really check it out.

Same OP for both threads - apparently he feels this is different enough to need a new thread.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Oh, then I apologize. I didn't even read the names. But yeah, looks like there's quite the audience in the other thread to place any sort of explanations of three phase.

I personally am liking that thread because I've been doing a little bit of three phase this year and it's good to get a better understanding.

dionysius

Oh, then I apologize. I didn't even read the names. But yeah, looks like there's quite the audience in the other thread to place any sort of explanations of three phase.

I personally am liking that thread because I've been doing a little bit of three phase this year and it's good to get a better understanding.

Jay, I posted this thread here as a separate thread since the other thread was based on my sometimes errant even disorganized thinking. I only found this link above to my surprise after serious web research and I did not want to confuse the audience of the other thread or let them think I was in any way plagiarizing someone else's idea.

I thank you for your positive comment since I have gotten somewhat beaten up on the other thread. That however never bothers me since it actually forces me to think more outside the box. The naysayers and devil's advocates actually are more valuable than the ones who either say nothing or who pass vain compliments. C'est la vie.

dionysius

Oh.....I love his Aga stove and tea kettle that you will notice in the background. He is quite good. When he said "almost twice" as we all know he meant 1.732 or root 3 times. It is surely a fun video.I must look him up and next time I cross the pond to see if I can join him for afternoon tea!!!!!:happyno:

Besoeker

After much surfing I came across a video which is quite incomplete but a fair start. It is certainly NOT professional IMHO but I will let those of you who care to view it make up your own mind.

Let me know if it does anything for you great people on this fine site........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnH_ifcRJq4
Yes, British obviously but hasn't been red, yellow, blue here for some years now. Nor 415/240V.
The link copyright says 2015.

That aside..........

Status
Not open for further replies.