Light Stand/Pig Tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Ok, I know what light stands are and seen them on job site before:thumbsup::p and I know what pigtails are but this request is throwing me off.

GC asking for “kindorff light stand” with double quartz lightfixtures and power pigtails on each.

Kindorff is strut so how does that come into play on a light stand. Also how does the pigtail come into play on a light stand. It has a cord and plug.

Thanks.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Ok, I know what light stands are and seen them on job site before:thumbsup::p and I know what pigtails are but this request is throwing me off.

GC asking for “kindorff light stand” with double quartz lightfixtures and power pigtails on each.

Kindorff is strut so how does that come into play on a light stand. Also how does the pigtail come into play on a light stand. It has a cord and plug.

Thanks.

I would ask for a make and part number for a suitable product.

I don't know what a 'power pigtail' is either. It's probably some sort of local slang. Throw it back on the GC.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Thanks.

Back in the day all temporary light stands were constructed by the electricians on site and usually were made from strut or EMT. Sounds like an old boiler plate spec. Now we just use the ones you can buy at Home Depot or the supply house.

mstrlucky74

Back in the day all temporary light stands were constructed by the electricians on site and usually were made from strut or EMT. Sounds like an old boiler plate spec. Now we just use the ones you can buy at Home Depot or the supply house.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.