emon demon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
customer wants to install emon demom sub meter on a 3 phase 100a circuit there is no room to add emon demon in panel. is it ok to install emon demon on same breaker as 100a circuit? if it legal or not where in code does it mention beisdes double lugging breaker.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
The meter "hardware" may not allow connection without a lower current OCPD somewhere. Check the instructions.

i appreciate the answer. The emon dmon is metering a 100 a 3 phase 480v circuit. usually there is a spare breaker in panel to provide OCPD to emon dmon, there arent any available breakers to power emon dmon i was wondering if its allowed to piggy back off the 100a circuit feeding the load under same breaker.

highlegdelta

i appreciate the answer. The emon dmon is metering a 100 a 3 phase 480v circuit. usually there is a spare breaker in panel to provide OCPD to emon dmon, there arent any available breakers to power emon dmon i was wondering if its allowed to piggy back off the 100a circuit feeding the load under same breaker.
I've had the same problem in the past. We put a fuse block in a 12x12 can next to the panel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.