Taking the Mystery Out of PQ Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATSman

ATSman
Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Testing & Controls
I found this article in my archives that I thought may be helpful to some in this area
of expertise:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Seton%20EC&M%20PQ%20Article%20June%202000.htm

Let me know if you have trouble opening the link.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I found this article in my archives that I thought may be helpful to some in this area
of expertise:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Seton%20EC&M%20PQ%20Article%20June%202000.htm

Let me know if you have trouble opening the link.

It will be impossible for anyone but you to open the link since it points to a file on your hard drive.
Either figure out how to upload it (by pretending it is a PDF, for example) or find a web hosting site to use.

P.S. On a Windoze system it is very dangerous to routinely run logged in as Administrator!

wsbeih

It will be impossible for anyone but you to open the link since it points to a file on your hard drive.
Either figure out how to upload it (by pretending it is a PDF, for example) or find a web hosting site to use.

P.S. On a Windoze system it is very dangerous to routinely run logged in as Administrator!

I can help with this link thanks to some keywords in that local link ;)
here you go guys: http://ecmweb.com/content/taking-mystery-out-pq-problems

Sahib

The article brings up an interesting query:

The 600A breaker mentioned in the article might be an old version electronic breaker with peak current sensing trip unit. Due to harmonics from the VFD, it maloperated. But if it had a true RMS sensing trip unit, it would not have maloperated and would have reduced the headache for Frank. The question is whether such a retrofit is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.