Circuit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byl

Hey guys could appreciate your help. I just moved into a new house and the jacuzzi isn't working. It is on a dedicated circuit and plugged into a GFCI receptacle. I verified the breaker is working by connecting a different circuit to it. I know the receptacle is fine as I have tried several different GFCI receptacles including a brand new one. The circuit is connected by NM 12/2 cable. The only thing different about the cable is the ground is stranded aluminum, while the rest of the house appears to use solid copper as the ground.

My thoughts are if it is not the breaker and not the receptacle, it has to be the wiring right? Or could it be something else? If that does appear to be the case can I somehow attach a new 12/2 NM cable to the existing one and use the old one as a pull string to pull the new cable? :?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Best thing I can think of is to get a licensed electrician on site.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.