Portable generator connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

I have a job where there are 2 main breaker panels installed at a residence.

Owner would like to be able to choose selected circuits manually from these panels in the event of an outage.

I will have a 125/250V 50A power inlet box mounted on the dwelling exterior. From there, feeding to a j box I plan on running to both panels and installing a physical main breaker interlock in conjunction with a 2 pole breaker feeding the panel.

Any other suggestions as far as setting up a means to operate circuits from both panels at opposite ends of house using 1 portable generator?

I proposed a whole house automatic back up system but it was cost prohibitive for them.

Thanks.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........

Owner would like to be able to choose selected circuits manually from these panels in the event of an outage.

I will have a 125/250V 50A power inlet box mounted on the dwelling exterior. From there, feeding to a j box I plan on running to both panels and installing a physical main breaker interlock in conjunction with a 2 pole breaker feeding the panel.

Any other suggestions as far as setting up a means to operate circuits from both panels at opposite ends of house using 1 portable generator?

I proposed a whole house automatic back up system but it was cost prohibitive for them.

Thanks.

I've done it. Not a big deal. Just mark what they can turn on clearly.

Thanks.

There is no easy way out,
if you have two panels in separate locations ?
then there must be two interlocks.

:weeping:

Status
Not open for further replies.