Lighting Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

A few questions pertaining to my attachments.

System is 120v. Trying to determine how many 120V 20A ckts I would need to feed lighting/drivers per the total "Proposed watts" they list. They have a total proposed lamp load and total system load listed. Not much of a difference but I think I take system load only.
I know watts/volts will give me amps. That would give me 25 amps.

Also the "driver qty" column has me confused. This can be the quantity of drivers. The TR1 doesn't even get a driver I believe.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tr1.JPG
    tr1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture- FLOOR PLAN.JPG
    Capture- FLOOR PLAN.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 0

mstrlucky74

A few questions pertaining to my attachments.

System is 120v. Trying to determine how many 120V 20A ckts I would need to feed lighting/drivers per the total "Proposed watts" they list. They have a total proposed lamp load and total system load listed. Not much of a difference but I think I take system load only.
I know watts/volts will give me amps. That would give me 25 amps.

Also the "driver qty" column has me confused. This can be the quantity of drivers. The TR1 doesn't even get a driver I believe.

Thanks!!!

:? Sorry..lol. So I'm assuming I need to figure driver info to determine how many circuits.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
This is track lighting?

Not enough info I think. Can't make heads or tails of info provided, but best guess would be using proposed system load in watts divided by volts to gets system load in amps... but may not be the required Code method as there is no way to verify luminaire rating is being used.

FWIW, track lighting has a feeder/service calc requirement of an additional 150VA for every 2ft of track... 220.43(B).

Smart $

Esteemed Member
FWIW, track lighting has a feeder/service calc requirement of an additional 150VA for every 2ft of track... 220.43(B).
Posted that as an FYI because if track lighting is used for general lighting, you're looking at minimum 3VA/ft² plus 75VA/ft of track. This is likely to establish more circuits being required than connected load, especially using LED heads. However, Code only requires the circuits be available... not necessarily wired, i.e blank spaces in panel IMO qualify as being available. There is little guarantee these spaces will remain available in a commercial/retail environment... but then there's the rule of thumb that you can't alway install for what may happen in future. The downside to that is that future planners and installers are not likely to think of blank spaces being furnished to comply with the required number of circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.