1 phase to 3 phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

mltech

Need help. As I have never done this before. I have a customer that is getting a 50a 220v 3 phase piece of equipment only problem is that his building is only 1 phase 240volt! Any recommendations on transformers/converters that will handle this type of setup? This will be his only piece of equipment that will need this and it is a fabric cutting machine.
Any help is appreciated. :)
Thanks
Mike

growler

Re: 1 phase to 3 phase

Have you considered a digital phase converter. I have not used one, but reading the specs., I'm impressed. It looks like an easy installation. A rotary converter would do the trick, but that's going to take up more space and require a separate motor starter. That digital seems to have a lot of advantages but the site I went to didn't offer pricing. If it's not much more I believe I would try it. I've always liked equipment without moving parts. Another problem with rotary converts is where to put them. This digital thing looks like you could wall mount it. I like it when things look neat.

ccjersey

Re: 1 phase to 3 phase

VSD with single phase input and 3 phase output are commonly available especially in small sizes. The machine might have some use for the variable speed anyway or it could be set to just run 60 hz all the time. It would also have motor overload protection function through the programming.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.