3/4" EMT Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Wide open space 8' ceilings using KX clips to attach....not too many bends. Do you think 8 hours per hundred is good? I think that's slow.

JFletcher

What are you attaching to, ceiling wires? Are they already in place? A hundred feet or a hundred sticks (1000')? How far/how many floors do you have to transport your materials?

JoeyD74

Occupation
Electrical contractor
That's very slow but without seeing I'm guessing. I've never used those clips for EMT before, never even seen it done like that.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
400' in a day... entirely reasonable.

There are so many variables, but I can see 400' a day being a little much. As pointed out regarding the code, one would have to assume that all or some of the ceiling wires must be shot and/or tied at both ends as well as identified. Or if pencil rod is what I think it is, it must be cut assembled to concrete clips and shot. Material has to be hauled to the location. Job must be cleaned up at the end of the day. There must be boxes in the runs and some planning. On any given day, 400' may be achieved, but I would be very surprised if it averaged out to this over several days, or several journeymen.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
well I doubt it's a code violation due to the ceiling configuration of pencil rod and black iron... like I said theres above ceiling inspections done here and they support MC and EMT from the pencil rod a lot.

It's not a violation because it's not hung from ceiling wires like elsewhere in the USA. KX clips are for AC/MC cable, you would use K12, K16 or K20 for EMT. If you can bid 100' per day and still get the job then I would use that number. :)

mstrlucky74

There are so many variables, but I can see 400' a day being a little much. As pointed out regarding the code, one would have to assume that all or some of the ceiling wires must be shot and/or tied at both ends as well as identified. Or if pencil rod is what I think it is, it must be cut assembled to concrete clips and shot. Material has to be hauled to the location. Job must be cleaned up at the end of the day. There must be boxes in the runs and some planning. On any given day, 400' may be achieved, but I would be very surprised if it averaged out to this over several days, or several journeymen.

Agree

five.five-six

When I was apprenticing, I was doing hospital patient rooms, I was expected to run 300' a day, included setting boxes and punching steel stud and lots of bends, granted I was 25 years old and the rooms were all the same, but 100 feet in a straight run without tiles installed sounds like about an hour or 2.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I find about 300' a daily average for straight forward runs and depends on how many bends you gotta make.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I find about 300' a daily average for straight forward runs and depends on how many bends you gotta make.

I think 300 feet a day is achievable, but I can honestly say that we would not get that out of the quality of help we have in my area. No matter how hard I try , I can't light a fire under their butts.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Last one I did of any size. Underground garage running raceways for exhaust fan control circuits, mostly straight runs, 8-10 foot ceilings.... 3000' - 4 journeymen x 2 days - 2 journeymen x 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.