Ideas for electrical labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am looking for some ideas for some electrical labs to have a little more fun in our apprenticeship. I would some different ideas that other instructors have used/students have seen. For the instructors, which labs have proven successful and really helped the students to engage? For the students, which labs really reached out to you and made a difference and helped you understand theory better? I currently have a class that is 1B. I would appreciate any suggestions. I am already looking for some ideas in the usual places (youtube, etc...)..

Thanks for the help!!!

kwired

Electron manager
How advanced are the students? or are you looking for anything from basic 101 to those about to graduate/move on to real world?

Have some examples of things you are already doing to help us know what we are to be thinking about?

JohnGalt

Check out the Digilent Electronics Explorer Board. It's low voltage but you can really illustrate the differences between AC and DC, voltage and current, inductance, capacitance, and resistance. Basically it's an oscillascope and waveform generator that plugs into a PC. Good for developing physical insight and theory.

We use a lab that builds an electric motor. The cool thing is they have to build a transformer and a bridge rectifier. Let me know and I can send you the information. You need access to a shop though obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.