Carlo Gavazzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerjwillelec

Anyone have experience troubleshooting Carlo Gavazzi current monitoring relays?

Relay: PUA01CB23500V
CT: MI 100

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Aleman

What's wrong with it? We have some Gavazzi parts but not these. Looks like these will turn on a relay when set conditions are met; over voltage or over current.
Since they cannot interrupt the circuit they will be wired into a control system of some sort. What is done at that point depends on the controls. But if your
system won't run then you might just need to play with settings on the unit, or bypass the control output until you can get a replacement.

kwired

Electron manager
It's a grain handling system and they want up and running again so yeah, it's worth messing with to get em going or else I build a new system that neither one of us have time for right now

I think B's point was that there is likely only about three possible problems, a wrong set point - easy to fix, equipment being monitored is out of range - not a problem with the current monitor, or the current monitor is malfunctioning and is nothing worth fixing - replacing is the option here.

jerjwillelec

Finally spoke to someone that new what they were talking about at CG...he talked me through it. This system is kind of backward from they way this relay is designed to be used...we got it going!

Besoeker

I think B's point was that there is likely only about three possible problems, a wrong set point - easy to fix, equipment being monitored is out of range - not a problem with the current monitor, or the current monitor is malfunctioning and is nothing worth fixing - replacing is the option here.
Actually, my point is that is a relatively cheap component and ex-stock from our component supplier.
Assuming the fault is the relay itself.......

But the problem has been resolved.

jerjwillelec

Actually, my point is that is a relatively cheap component and ex-stock from our component supplier.
Assuming the fault is the relay itself.......

But the problem has been resolved.
I wanted to understand how it worked before throwing parts at it. I should have worded my OP differently. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.