690.13 (D), Only 6 Disconnecting Means for Microinverter Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Yes I understand the single switch logic.

I don't get what the Code means by "Sets of Circuit Breakers"...

I can have a set of golf clubs with 12 or a set of clubs with 18...so now I have 30 clubs in 2 sets.

If I have six "Sets of Circuit Breakers" with 6 in each set...I have 36 circuit breakers. Code Compliant...right??? The language says I can have six sets of circuit breakers.

I was just looking to understand this language. (Why not just say six circuit breakers)
I'm pretty sure they are talking about two pole and three pole breakers, which are really sets of two and three breakers, respectively, each with a single handle or their handles tied together.

shortcircuit2

Ok, thanks guys...I get it now.

Here is some info related to UL 489 listing of breakers where they define a "set"...

“7.1.1.12: If a pole circuit breaker is rated at 120/240 V AC or 125/250V DC, see 6.1.5.3, two such circuit breakers shall be tested together in the intended manner as a two-pole independent-trip circuit breaker in the overload, endurance, interrupting, and dielectric voltage-withstand test described below. Two such ‘pairs’ of circuit breakers constitute a set.”

shortcircuit

Status
Not open for further replies.