Phone jack needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Have a job where I need a standard, 4-wire phone jack. But it needs to be brown Decora style. P&S doesn't make them in brown, and I can't navigate Ideal & Cooper's website to find anything.

Anyone?

cpal

brown quick port brown plate the RG-11 will fit in a cat 5 RG 45 it just leaves a little space on ether side

cpal

yep kb's look like nthey will work to me also, but I still got a bunch of the Br quick ports

480sparky

Are you ignoring me on purpose? :confused:

No, I just missed where you edited your post and added the links.

'Tis 'zactly what I'm looking for. Everyone around here carries white, almond, ivory, black, grey, blue, purple, orange, yellow, green, red, fuschia, magenta, cyan, pink, Oxford, Winter Wheat, Romaine Lettice, Peafowl, Orchid and Deep Ochre........... but no brown.
50_b.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:

kbsparky

No, I just missed where you edited your post and added the links....
... sheesh you're quick! I added those links within 8 minutes ...
'Tis 'zactly what I'm looking for. Everyone around here carries white, almond, ivory, black, grey, blue, purple, orange, yellow, green, red, fuschia, magenta, cyan, pink, Oxford, Winter Wheat, Romaine Lettice, Peafowl, Orchid and Deep Ochre........... but no brown.
50_b.gif

Thanks!

You're welcome. :cool:

480sparky

... sheesh you're quick! I added those links within 8 minutes ......

I have a tendency to skip over the posts I've already read. So right after yours, there was like 2 or 3 more.

Besides, I have my options set up so the most recent post is on top, and works backwards from there.

quogueelectric

I am not 100% sure but pretty sure that 8 prong ethenet 6 prong phone are backwards compatible for a 4 prong phone plug. There are lots of options for ethenet jacks google ortronics or suttle industries for product.

480sparky

480....incase you missed where to get one for cheap..........

Yeah, but I'm not to hip on buying online from someone I don't know. I know there's a supply house here that deals with a lot of low voltage stuff, and maybe they can get it since I think they carry Leviton.

I had tried to find it on Levitions website to begin with, but their site is pretty useless unless you have the part number.

wireguru

I am not 100% sure but pretty sure that 8 prong ethenet 6 prong phone are backwards compatible for a 4 prong phone plug. There are lots of options for ethenet jacks google ortronics or suttle industries for product.

no, you dont want to plug a phone cord (6P4C) into an 8pin jack, the phone plug smashes pins 1 and 8, and it wobbles in the hole making a bad connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.