Halex Raintight EMT Fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornbln

Does anyone else have problems with the newer Halex raintight EMT fittings? Or any other brand? The black O-ring seems pretty useless unless I'm doing something wrong. When the fitting gets tightened down, the O-ring is deflected to the point of flaring up and/or spreading out and making a gap.

29251.jpg

quogueelectric

Does anyone else have problems with the newer Halex raintight EMT fittings? Or any other brand? The black O-ring seems pretty useless unless I'm doing something wrong. When the fitting gets tightened down, the O-ring is deflected to the point of flaring up and/or spreading out and making a gap.

29251.jpg

Never used the product but when you gorilla down on some meyers hub rubber locknuts or O-rings they can get distorted and leak too. Tight is right .......too tight is broken.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I haven?t used the Halex brand but have had the same issue with other manufactures. Over tightening isn?t the problem. I have had the rubber washer push out around the outside of the fitting being only finger tight. I would say the rubber washer is 100% useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.