Help locating quartz halogen lampholder and shatter resistant lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Amigos,

I can't locate this lampholder. Also, I'm looking for a 1000w quartz halogen shatter resistant lamp; none of my suppliers have had any luck with either. Any leads?

We were unable to determine a manufacturer of this table at the time.

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i'll check it thanks.

i have no clue where they got these. . . Damar said they don't make shatter resistant because the coating would melt. That's the story I'm getting from everyone.

I found the lampholders from Leviton.

Electric-Light

i'll check it thanks.

i have no clue where they got these. . . Damar said they don't make shatter resistant because the coating would melt. That's the story I'm getting from everyone.

I found the lampholders from Leviton.

An external glass cover like a sheet of glass. I'm pretty sure that fixture came with one originally, but left off after someone broke it. The lamps are made of quartz. They run hot enough to melt copper.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
An external glass cover like a sheet of glass. I'm pretty sure that fixture came with one originally, but left off after someone broke it. The lamps are made of quartz. They run hot enough to melt copper.
The other very important reason for a glass cover is the amount of UV light that a typical quartz halogen lamp produces. The bulb envelopes themselves do not necessarily block this UV enough to prevent risk of sunburn or eye damage.
Standard A type halogen lamps use a glass outer envelope to both block UV and contain a shattered quartz tube. In your fixture the glass cover plate serves both purposes.
Halogen work lights have warnings not to operate with the glass missing and torchiere type standing lamps do not let the direct bulb radiation hit a person in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.